Questions & Answers
Please, read our guide for safe meetings during the pandemic.
- Hand sanitizer is used and provided at all our activities.
- We keep distance from each other.
- We do not use common toys for the children.
- All participants, group leaders and co-organizers who participate must be symptom-free and not have been exposed to risk of infection before the meetings.
- If you have symptoms such as runny nose, cough, fever, sore throat, lost sense of taste and smell, please stay at home. You are welcome back after two symptom-free days.
- We ask everyone who visits our groups to follow the Public Health Agency’s general advice.
Here we have listed the most common questions:
What is "open groups for parents"?
Svenska med baby’s core activities are our open groups for parents on parental leave, where parents with babies (0-2 y/o) from every nationality and background are welcome to join. Parents and children from different part of the area are welcome to join any group. Is is free of charge and you do not have to pre-register.
Do I need to know Swedish to participate?
No, we welcome everyone regardless if you speak Swedish or not. Together we learn from each other and for those who need to practice Swedish the meetings is a great way to do it.
Can I join a group in the middle of a semester?
Yes, you are welcome to join any group at any time. There are no fixed groups. You do not have to pre-register and it is free of charge.
What is a group leader/volunteer?
Our open groups for parents are led by our volunteers who themselves are on parent leave. We do also have group leaders at our Family-time Satyrdays, but you do not have to be on parent leave to lead those groups.
What is Family-time Saturday?
The whole family is welcome to our popular Family Saturdays in Rinkeby, Rågsved and Botkyrka. Here you can find the dates.
Visiting our Family Saturdays is a great way to get to know other families with young children, from different parts of Stockholm and of different backgrounds.
At our gatherings, we exchange experiences, talk about different themes, do fun activities, sing together and sharing a good time. In the past we have been making our own books, craft making, painting, making bakeries and had visitation from clowns and dancers. It is free of charge and you do not have to pre-register.